A suggestion from a running buddy, went whale watching in Monterey, CA this past weekend. Apparently, there are record numbers of whales off the coast of California in part due to a bumper crop of krill. A life experience, we saw schools of dolphins, came within fifty yards of two blue whales, and were sprayed by several humpbacks that came right up to the boat. If you are in the area, check out Princess Monterey Whale Watching. For the best experience, take the earliest tour for calm seas and the smallest boat (Pacific Explorer) to get as close to the whales as possible.
Most Popular Posts
Follow me on Twitter
- Mind blown. Face melted. At @Steel_Panther show in SF! youtu.be/aOOJL75fM6M 11 months ago
- Last 10 mi of @ChiMarathon = pure hell. Took 4 finish line beers to console me. Still, a PR. http://t.co/VexlqEXrsh http://t.co/c0wtU2cQFg
- Hanging w/@higdonmarathon at the @ChiMarathon expo. Used Hal’s plan for this marathon, will see how it goes Sunday! http://t.co/mz0J5hoZ1G
- Meanwhile… youtube.com/watch?v=oP_4z4… 1 year ago
- Stock photography impressions put into words gettycritics.com and video youtube.com/watch?v=AJX5s0… HAHAHA! 1 year ago